Wednesday, May 16, 2007

UPDATE: Enough to stop a train ..

In my post MONDAY ... found here I told you about a clip some dumb-asses put up on youtube detailing how to short out the signalling system for rail lines... causing the lights to signal trains to stop.... resulting in god knows what.

Well .. the Globe and Mail got to the story today ... a full 36 hours after I told you about it .....

Anyhow ... thankfully the video has been pulled from youtube before more "tools" catch on and decide to do this ... for whatever reason.

OH, THIS GETS BETTER: SAGA ... a irregular commentor (and unofficial spokes-native !) at Halls of Macadamia makes the following outlandish claim

I have no idea who posted this video, but I think it was likely the RCMP. Just doing their job, because heck there are going to be all these blockades this summer and for sure somebody's going to get hurt. Good of the RCMP to show a safe way to do it! A public service, I say.

Emphasis mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

This was also on CFTO News with mike Duffy, Wed. Night after reading it here the night before, thought well this is just old news... Good to see they had the brains to pull the video.....

Mike said...

That, my friend, is the power of blogging ... you don't have to wait for some news editor to decide what you need to know ... I'll tell you ! ;-)