Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Another friend I ran into ...

on facebook is an old one ... and the reason I am telling you about him .. an excellent guitarist.... in fact he soloed at my wedding. Please visit his site and give him a listen ..

From the formation of our first " boy's Beatles tribute band" !!The Buggers !!, I've followed Bill's musical career from his first public appearance way back in grade 2 at an assembly at Rideau Public School ...

My favorite Bill music moment ... 1992 .. Rainbow Bistro in Ottawa Bill gets up in the Sunday jam and does Voodoo Chile ... the audience (and it was packed !) went mad ... I wish I had video ... wow .. I shit you not ... it sounded ...just like this and trust me .. SRV is guitar god to me ... I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it.

BTW .. some youtube links to more great SRV performances..

Little Wing

Texas Flood


While on the topic of great local bands ... "mon petit Acadian's" band .. I STILL haven't had the chance to see them live yet .. but I have seen the DVD .. and they are good. Really good.

Ok .. just one more ... you may or may not have heard of these guys (and gal!) ... The Glengarry Bhoys ... great fusion of celtic,country,folk .. kindof Blue Rodeo meets a fiddle . They used to have a few freebies on their site .. but I don't see any now. Ummm .I have seen them on some P2P's .. but if you like it, buy it !

1 comment:

Bugs Raymond's sober twin said...

Billy Pepper is one amazing guitarist, like the owner of this blog, I've known Billy for quite a while

SRV rules