Monday, May 14, 2007

Enough to stop a train...

So ... target of choice for the Natives seems to be the rail lines ... expect more of it.... I came across this today ....

When justice fails, stop the rails

The Mohawks have shown the vulnerability of a major trade corridor for people and material. While few other communities could hold off a frontal assault by the OPP, there are other ways to close the rail lines.

A simple piece of copper wire, for example 8 feet of uninsulated stranded 3AWG ground wire (wiring for main service panels in a house, or science experiments) can stop thousands of tonnes of train traffic.


They even went one better than that ... they made a wonderful how-to video. And it seems to be pretty popular today .. when I saw it first this morning, I was the 100th view ... it's up to 255 now.

I wonder if these Einstein's ever thought that maybe something like this could lead an engineer to jam on the binders, perhaps causing a derailment that could spill chemical or worse yet....... kill people on a passenger train ???

Unreal.

2 comments:

RIchard JF Day said...

I hate to point out that, in common English usage, the apostrophe in "Einstein's" is rather out of place. Someone with a really big IQ would be unlikely to make a mistake like that!

Mike said...

Good point ... I'm in technology ... not journalism... I'm kinda thinking that "one of them" would look pretty silly doing my job.