Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I now have proof ...

A true story ....

A couple years ago, after a long night of driving, we pulled in to a Denny's somewhere in South Carolina for a hearty breakfast to see us through the remaining 9 hours of the trip to Florida.

Now, maybe this lady picked up on the fact that we were Canadian, although I can't possibly figure out how. Overheard in the booth beside us ( with that distinctive SC drawl ).... " Did you know that French-Canadians WILL NOT eat with their hands .. hamburgers, whatever... they just don't do it."

I almost had to go over and question this lady as to where she ever picked up this little bit of trivia, but I resisted the urge ... the desire to hear what other bits of wisdom this lady might spew from her gums told me not to. After all, I am friends or work with just about all of the varieties of French Canadians you can imagine... Franco-Ontarians, Quebecois, even (my favorite )...Acadians. Never seen or even heard of this odd behavior. When told about this encounter .. all of them laughed as much as I did ....

Then I read this over at SDA.

“If this gets out, it could mean the end of the Liberal Party of Canada,” warned a local politico, requesting anonymity.

And what, pray tell, has the Grits so up in arms?

.....Dion shocked locals and his handlers by eating Kelekis’s world-famous hot dog with — gasp!

a knife and fork."


WHAT ????

You mean that lady was right ??? How can this be ... The French guy's I know all laughed too ...

Then it struck me ... that lady simply left one key word out ... she must have meant to say "Liberal French-Canadians ".

Ahhh ... now it makes perfect sense ... How could I have known ???

I'd never be seen with "one of that kind"


---------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Photo evidence over at Dust My Broom

No comments: