Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Made in Canada no more....

Gildan Activewear is closing all North American operations closing 5 plants, laying off 1800. More of the same ...

What really struck me about this story was this ....

Vice-president Cam Gentile said the cost to produce 12 T-shirts in North America is $3 higher than in Central America.

Wait a minute here ....

You mean to tell me that you're closing 5 factories, putting 1800 of my fellow NA's out of work over .25 cents a T-shirt....
ARE YOU F#$*&G MAD
!!!!

I would gladly pay $2 extra dollars ... or more. Or 50 goddam cents more for a chocolate bar, if that's what it takes....

When I was a kid, I remember everything that was made in Canada was clearly marked with a common tag .... what the hell ever happened to that ? We had better put a stop to this now .... or there will be nothing left.

Bring back the "Made in Canada" tag ... and buy it.


No comments: