Sunday, February 3, 2008

Where I've been ...

Due to the huge numbers (ok, three) of disappointed fans, I feel compelled to get back at this blogging thingy. Actually, I've really been missing putting my rants and discoveries down on paper.

Why I've been gone ...

Time: As the father of two young 'ens... well, it's precious. In addition to my paid work, I've signed on to a new volunteer role. It eats a lot of time, but is really rewarding. I've witnessed a truly remarkable thing happen in this role, something I don't have time to blog about tonight, but I surely will.

Disgust:I didn't blog the provincial election last fall, as I saw the disaster unfolding, and didn't really have much positive to say. An utter disaster. FWIW -- I think it's time Tory moved on .... I'm sure he is tarred by this failure, and keeping him will only give us another four years of ... well, you know.

Paranoia: Yep, that's me .... mild, but ever-present. When I started this, I was warned by a close family member (who happens to have been in the publishing business) to be VERY careful what I posted.... one wrong keystroke and you can find yourself being sued, he warned. Now we have two cases in point: Levant and Steyn. Then there is the Warman affair .... a couple of "ooopppsss" in the blogosphere ... by people much more experienced in this medium than I.

Those little complications aside, as I said, I really do enjoy doing this, so I'm going to attempt to be around here a little more .... if only for this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back Mike!! I enjoy reading yoiur blog very much. I like the fact that you address local issues and bits in the news from our area. I am not all that politically inclined, (unless of course, it is our local, neighbourhood political issues) and your blog seemed to always be on top of the local "stuff".

I am intersted to see what will come of our local native issue,,,,