Saturday, February 23, 2008

I beg to differ ...

Mr. Snow.

CFRA has a news quiz on Friday afternoons ... 10 questions. Caller #1 starts off and goes until he answers incorrectly, or is unable. The person that answers the 10th question correctly wins.

The first caller was hot ... answering 5 in a row. Until this one:

The Massachusetts governor is a good friend of Barack Obama. What is his name ?

Stumped him ... and three more callers.

Listening to WBZ1030 from Boston regularly, this one was easy-pesy pour moi. Not being able to take it any longer, I had to call. I got through and answered:

Deval Patrick.

Rob Snow replies: Well, actually it's Patrick Deval, but since you got both names, we'll give it to you.

I went on to answer the rest of the questions correctly and won.

I wanted sooooo bad to challenge Snow on air ... but resisted the urge.

So, Mr.Snow ... just so you know: I was right, you were dead wrong.

Early last week, the presidential campaign was rocked by the "bombshell" that Barack Obama had borrowed certain rhetorical flourishes from Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick's 2006 gubernatorial campaign.

Now, I just gotta figure out how to get downtown to pickup my movie tickets.

No comments: