Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A feather in our cap

and one of the best ideas to develop Montague I've heard in a really long time.

....the Russ Beach/Smiths Falls-Montague Airport could easily increase the more than $920,000 in economic activity it generates each year. Town officials hired the firm to examine whether the airport was worth the more than $40,000 taxpayers in Smiths Falls and neighbouring Montague Township invest

"One of the first things a company looks for when deciding whether to relocate to a community is its airport services."


Doesn't this sound really cool ... imagine, pulling your Cessna into the driveway !!

In addition, the town should consider creating a residential airport park with houses constructed at or very near the current airport property.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmm,,,,,sounds sort of cool, except if this plan becomes reality, we will have alot more noise and alot less country feel to our community. I am sort of picturing total build up of subdivisions along the highway, and bordering the school. I know that growth like that is good for the township economy, but it changes things in a way that will change how we live here. Kind of scary to me.

Mike said...

I know what you're saying with the noise ... Though I still look up like a kid every time I hear a plane overhead ...so I don't have much of a problem with it.

Keep in mind that this kind of development would have a certain appeal to those with $$ mucho denero $$. Big houses with big assessments. Thinking, like Michael Potter rich.