Monday, June 11, 2007

Think the gangs in TO are bad ?

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

In the past year, 30 Chicago public school children have been killed on the streets, largely because of gang warfare.

The mindset:

They introduced me to members of the Vice Lords, a well-established gang that had recently been disrespected by another gang. Someone had smashed-out the window of their car.

"We were ready to kill someone," said Rio.

"You're gonna shoot a kid cause he kicks out your window?" I asked.

"I ain't gonna say necessarily kill him," answered Jim, another Vice Lord, "But you gonna mess somebody up."

I asked: "What do you get out of it if he's dead?"

"Relief," Jim answered. "No one else will kick out the windows thinking they're gonna get away with it.


I'm glad I live in Hicksville .... Neo is too. He got.... while the gettin' was good.

"Now, I won't presume to speak for anyone else in Hastings & Prince Edward County... but in my neighbourhood, there is absolutely no evidence of an epidemic of Mongol-like hordes of disaffected youth running around shooting their peers."

No comments: