Tuesday, June 12, 2007

An event better suited ...

.. for late October.

Queen's biology brings out the dead; Anatomy museum bares all at open house

The Museum of Human Anatomy has more than 1,000 specimens, including everything from full skeletons to organs and limbs, all carefully preserved and displayed with note cards labelling the various muscles and bones.

The museum is set up to acclimatize people, with lower limbs at the front of the room and more sensitive specimens - such as human faces - farther back. Pang said the hands and faces are generally the most unnerving sight for first-time visitors to the museum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind of sick, but..I'd like to see that. :-) If it's ever open to the general public and you hear about it, it would be great if you posted it here, Mike.

KT

Mike said...

I have a morbid curiosity as well ...

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be too disrespectful to have it at Halloween ... could be a major fundraiser for the university.

I wouldn't take my kids there though ...

...came to the open house with his wife and two youngest kids, aged seven and nine.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would so want to see that...hmmm, I know a Queen's alumnus who might have the secret password.